2600 Golf Road, Apartment 703 Phone: (773) 895-3314
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
· Programmer/Analyst with more than twelve years of IT experience in telecommunication and insurance industries.
· Broad functional and technical knowledge of Amdocs Ensemble application suite. Proficient in client server technologies including Pro* C, COBOL, SQL, Oracle, UNIX OS, and Shell Scripting.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to identify the issues, understand impacts of complex changes, seek to minimize risks, and develop appropriate resolutions. Adept in delivering practical solutions that are efficient, cost-effective, and easily maintained
· Proven ability to successfully communicate with all levels of an organization, excellent team player with ability to work with limited supervision, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Thrives in demanding situations where a sharp eye for detail and creativity is essential
Programming: COBOL, Pro C, SQL*Plus, Focus, JCL, Changeman, Easytrieve, Smart Test
Software: Amdocs Ensemble, IBM/Rational ClearCase/ClearQuest, TOAD, Test Director, Remedy, CyberSource Business Center, WinSCP, Oracle, Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access
Databases: MS Access, Oracle
Platforms: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/2003/XP, UNIX (SUN/HP), OS/390, MVS, TSO/ISPF
Application Developer – U.S. Cellular (www.uscellular.com), Bensenville, IL 2007 – 2011
U.S. Cellular, owns and operates the sixth largest wireless telecommunications network in the United States. They currently serve about 6.2 million customers in 126 markets in 26 U.S. states.
Provided programming skills for any new development involving AR/WNP subsystem of billing software, CAReS (Amdocs Ensemble), for major telecommunication company. Developed a strong customer satisfaction in support of the AR system. As a Queue Manager, created, assigned and solved Remedy tickets for AR Team.
· Using NACHA standard modified Direct Debit file creation process to enable inclusion of web payments.
· Participated as developer in introduction of Premium-rated short message service to U.S. Cellular.
· Participated in major upgrade of credit card processing systems to become compliant with legislation and Payment Card Industry requirements regarding protection of sensitive customer information.
· Automated pre-processing of payments made by Collection agencies, National and Major accounts, and Government agencies made through EFT process.
· Modified credit card processing system to enable IIN Range Enablement for Discover acquisition of Diner Club portfolio.
· Provided SME support for PCI related projects.
· Coded application solutions utilizing technologies including C, Pro* C, COBOL, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripts, and AWK scripts.
· Provided 24 hours 7 days a week production systems support.
System Analyst – U.S. Cellular (www.uscellular.com), Bensenville, IL 2003 – 2007
Provided support to Data Center for CARES (Ensemble) operational subsystem, ensuring all schedules build and run successfully. Assist developers and SQA in their use of operational subsystems and tools.
· Took major role in impact analysis, code changes, test scenario creation and issues resolution for Operational upgrade.
· Support the Infrastructure delivery of all portfolio and infrastructure projects such as WNP, Data Roaming, MEID, and CARES releases 2.8.1 through 3.8.1.
· Contributed as a developer to analysis, development, testing and implementation steps of MEID project.
Software Engineer - Amdocs (www.amdocs.com), Chesterfield, MO 2000 – 2003
Amdocs Limited is a provider of software and services for billing, customer relationship management (CRM), operations support systems (OSS). Its traditional clients are telecommunications "Tier-1" and "Tier-2" providers such as AT&T, BT Group, Sprint, T-Mobile, Vodafone, Bell Canada, Telus, Rogers Communications, Telekom Austria, Comcast, DirecTV and O2-Ireland. The company also offers outsourced customer service and data center operations. Amdocs has more than 20,000 employees and serves customers in more than fifty countries
Developed billing software for major telecommunication companies to provide support for new functionality. Created and executed subsystem and system tests for new releases of billing software. Provided production and QA support for clients.
· Mentored two team members with mainframe knowledge to become productive in UNIX environment.
· Optimized usage error handling process by 25 percent using MF COBOL, Shell Scripts and Pro C in HP UNIX Environment.
· Improved special number handling for Directory Assistance calls using MF COBOL, Shell Scripts and Pro C in HP UNIX Environment.
· Updated Call Forward functionality using MF COBOL, Shell Scripts and Pro C in HP UNIX Environment.
· Participated in creating new Inventory Visibility reports for US Cellular using MF COBOL, Shell Scripts and Pro C in HP UNIX Environment.
· MPS production support on site and off site for Telus Mobility, US Cellular, and Sprint PCS using MF COBOL, Shell Scripts, SQL Plus, TOAD and Pro C in HP UNIX Environment.
· Worked on specialized free minute’s option (Call Home Free and Birthday Calls Free) functionalities using MF COBOL, Shell Scripts and Pro C in HP UNIX Environment.
· Analyzed introduction of TAP2 outcollect format.
· Participated in conversion of Telus Knowbility system from HP UNIX environment to Sun Solaris.
· Incorporated Nextel’s iDEN functionalities (GSM Voice, Dispatch, and Data volume) to MPS portion of Knowbility using MF COBOL, Shell Scripts and Pro C in Sun Solaris Environment.
Systems Programmer - Allstate Life Insurance Company (www.Allstate.com), Northbrook, IL 1998 - 2000
The Allstate Corporation is the second-largest personal lines insurer in the United States (behind State Farm) and the largest that is publicly held. The company also has personal lines insurance operations in Canada. Allstate was founded in 1931 as part of Sears, Roebuck and Co., and was spun off in 1993.
Provided production support for marketing department of leading Life Insurance Company. Led numerous projects and provided programming skills for small and large projects. Responsible for troubleshooting certificate transmittal to printing vendor.
· Provided 24 hours 7 days a week production systems support.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Information and Decision Science 1993 - 1997
University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois
Enter supporting content here